Boosting Retail Store Performance with Object Identification Techniques
About Our Client
Our client was from the United States. They had a successful history of handling a network of retail stores across the country, improving their performance efficiency every year. In fact, it is what helped them stay in the market race, even after consumers opted for online retail stores more than actual ones, especially during the pandemic period. But what brought them to us was a quest to resolve some issues related to their retail store and SKU management.
Problems They Had
They faced challenges in keeping accounts of stocks and their placements in real-time. In hectic periods like a weekend or a festival, identifying empty stocks and arranging them become challenging for retail store management. Their in-house staff faced several challenges in this regard. The results they brought were of continuous errors and mismatches. It affects their in-house functioning and thus need to spend more time monitoring and arranging stocks in real-time. Also, they faced issues with tracking delivery details and purchases within the store makes the process more complicated and tedious. So, they wished to enhance the customer satisfaction level by implementing new methods for purchase, making them easily find the required products from the actual stores. The situation demanded finding effective resolutions and that brought them to us.
The Resolution We Provided
We have identified the benefits of object identification techniques in the concerned area to improve the operational efficiency of their retail store. We have developed AI-driven software to handle SKU management more effortlessly. By placing a camera in front of the store shelves, the software we develop with object identification techniques can identify the presence and absence of SKU in the image.
- With Object identification, our client recognizes the presence of an SKU in an image by training the software with stock images and details.
- Using deep neural networks, we helped them identify gaps between actual shelf images and reference planograms.
- With fast processing and analysis of AI-led software, they could identify issues related to stock availability and take corrective actions with ease.
- Arranging shelves according to reference planograms will influence customers to buy products. Our tools helped develop strategies to organize shelves according to brands and check their influence on sales rates.
- It reduced error occurrences with human-led stock auditing and analysis.
- Also, with object detection, our software found usage in identifying brand names and hence fake product detections.
- By identifying new products and distinguishing them from older ones, our object identification tools helped them monitor the daily delivery of products.
As a whole, their in-house staff gets to focus more on customer interactions helping them provide a better purchasing experience. By reducing errors, maintaining stock availability in regular intervals, and tracking object placement with panoramic studies, they improvised their in-house performance resulting in business success
If you really wish to implement such updated techniques as object identification in your business, Allianze Technologies can offer complete assistance. You can get it by dropping a mail at [email protected]